The Neighborhood Associations of Michigan’s (NAM) Mini-Grant program is designed to help Michigan neighborhood associations and grassroots organizations build capacity to improve the quality of life in their community.Up to $500.00 will be awarded to at least two (2) neighborhood associations or grassroots organizations that are working with other community agencies to enhance local problem solving, create partnerships, address quality of life issues, and/or build the capacity of the community based organization.
Eligible applicants – the primary applicant must be a neighborhood association or grassroots organization that meets the following criteria:
1. is currently a paid member of NAM,
2. has an organizational statement of purpose,
3. has defined geographical boundaries,
4. has open membership to all residents in the organization’s geographical boundaries,
5. has a democratically elected leadership, and
6. can demonstrate the capacity for fiscal responsibility.
Eligible projects – projects that meet at least two of the following objectives:
1. enhances local problem solving,
2. addresses neighborhood or community quality of life issues, and/or
3. builds long-term capacity of the community group(s).
Application process – applicants will submit a project proposal letter (no more than two pages) to the President of the Neighborhood Associations of Michigan addressing the following points.
1. The applicant's eligibility for the award based upon the above criteria,
2. A description of the proposed project based upon the following:
a. why this project needs to be implemented,
b. what are the goals/objectives for implementing the project,
c. how do you intend to implement the project, and
d. how you will know if the project was successfully implemented.
e. how the mini-grant funds will be used, and
f. who will be fiscally responsible for the mini-grant award.
** Download and review application for application and eligibility requirements.
It is highly recommended to utilize either Adobe Reader or Acrobat Pro to submit the electronically or print the completed pages and return to: NAM Mini-Grant Program, P. O. Box 4193, East Lansing, MI 48826